Zebra DS4608-SR Handheld Bar Code Reader 1D/2D LED Black (DS4608-SR7U2100AZW)
Zebra DS4608-SR Handheld Bar Code Reader 1D/2D LED Black
Shrink lines and deliver an in-store experience that keeps customers coming back again and again. The feature-rich DS4600 Series for Retail helps associates scan items of all sizes, read barcodes in nearly any condition and handle transactions of all kinds. Bulky items in a shopping cart, a customer’s driver’s license at the returns desk, a mobile coupon at checkout, tiny barcodes in the jewelry department, data from a travel document, the DS4600 Series does more for your whole store.
CAPTURE BARCODES UP TO 28 INCHES AWAY
Bulky and heavy items won’t slow down your checkout lines. With an industry-leading 28-inch scan range on UPC codes and bright aim dot, it’s easy for checkout associates to scan items in a shopper’s cart without leaving the cashwrap.
ONE SCANNER FOR YOUR WHOLE STORE
No matter what kind of data you need to capture, the DS4600 Series is ready for the job. Scan barcodes on a mobile phone. Capture tiny barcodes on jewelry tags, or DotCode and dotted DataMatrix barcodes through cellophane. Read wide barcodes on packages. Collect data from IDs. Parse driver’s license information. And much more.
FASTEST SCANNING PERFORMANCE IN ITS CLASS
Empower every associate to scan like your best associate. An 800 MHz microprocessor, high-resolution megapixel sensor and Zebra’s exclusive PRZM Intelligent Imaging technology provide instant barcode capture on even the most challenging barcodes.
Additional Product Notes
- Doubles as a document scanner: With a single press of the scan trigger, the DS4600 Series can capture images of checks and utility bills, and the DS4608-SR and DS4608-DL can capture full-page documents. Zebra’s Intelligent Document Capture automatically compensates for variations in lighting and squares up the image for optimum clarity.
- Capture multiple barcodes with one press of the scan trigger: With Multi-Code Data Formatting (MDF), the DS4600 Series can scan multiple barcodes with a single trigger pull and transmit only the barcodes you need, in the order your application expects.
- Single out one barcode from many: With Zebra’s Preferred Symbol, the DS4600 Series can capture and output only the preferred barcode, so workers no longer have to waste time physically covering nearby barcodes before scanning.
- Deactivate EAS tags while scanning: Optional EAS support, available on the DS4608-HD/HL, allows associates to deactivate Checkpoint EAS tags while scanning the price, boosting productivity at the checkout and preventing erroneous alarms.
- Streamline data collection with OCR:
Let smart technology do the work. Support for OCR expedites the collection of data from ID cards and travel documents that may not have barcodes—speeding up checkout transactions in airport shops and other locations.
|Supported Host Interfaces||Keyboard Support||User Indicators||Light Source||Graphics Format Support||Image Quality|
|USB, RS232, TGCS (IBM) 46XX over RS485||Supports over 90 international keyboards||Direct Decode Indicator, Good Decode LEDs, rear view LEDs, beeper (adjustable tone and volume)||Aiming Pattern: circular 617nm amber LED||Images can be exported as Bitmap, JPEG or TIFF||96PPI on an A4 document (DS4608-SR)|